While there are many advantages to group travel, independent travel may trump them all. What if you want to:
• stay at your destination for seven weeks
• learn the language from a native speaker
• enjoy dinner in the home of a neighbor
• swim with stingrays
• visit the same museum three days in a row
• exchange recipes with the neighborhood butcher
• spend enough time with local people they become lifelong friends
• be in an area so remote you won’t encounter other tourists
• help shear the sheep
• try your hand at spinning wool
•join a dart game at the pub
It’s unlikely you’ll find a tour group that offers such options. But, they are available to those who plan and travel independently.
Give it a go!